Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mature British Men Did The Word "knickers" Ever Mean Men's Undies Too?

Did the word "knickers" ever mean men's undies too? - mature british men

Sometimes I hear my great concern for men's underwear as "panties" to "ie he shows his knicker" and have a good humourdely argued with her about it. I have just heard, and several other adults and seniors to use (character comedies British and Americans, etc.), the word at that age, and they tend to be at odd if they are considered. Was it the increasingly common use? In general usage today, I have never known to refer underwear for women, where men's boxer shorts, pants or shorts are too.

1 comments:

Fortnum said...

not common but can be used for comic effect (such as your grandmother's). I like your pants Underwear Call "for the same reason.

Post a Comment